Friday, April 12, 2013

Pomegranate Juice


          Pomegranate, I am not going to go into a discussion about this wonderful fruit's health benefits, enough has been said, and also I am in the middle of so many things now, so straight off to the dish or drink. Pomegranate juice, unlike back in the US, here in India, whenever I tasted it, it's made with a little milk and tastes lot more sweeter, I think kids would prefer this much more. It's very easy to prepare, just takes about 5 minutes and perfect for the hot weather..


Need To Have

  • Pomegranate Arils (the seed like red edible part) - 1 cup
  • Milk - 1/2 cup
  • Water - 1/2 cup
  • Sugar - 1 teaspoon

Method


          There's is not a big method for making this, take everything in a blender and blend well. Strain it and serve chilled.


Note
You can make this entirely with milk, but we like it with milk and water, so the final product is more like a juice than a milkshake, without too much of milk flavor.
Can replace sugar with honey, again the amount varies depending on the sweetness of the fruit.
Pin It

16 comments:

  1. Healthy drink and perfect for summer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very refreshing and beautiful drink. I want that glass rite now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy n mouthwatering juice.luv dat colour really!!
    MAHA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never tried adding milk to pom juice, make me want to try :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks good.. It has been a while since I had this.. you tempted me to do it soon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes..I too have tasted it this way only...even strawberry, passion fruit juices are served this way...
    Looks yummy..would love to try at home

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely click dear,yummy healthy juice!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. No idea with add of milk how it will taste. But the wonder fruit is my daughters favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks so refreshing and yummy !!!
    Love the colour :)
    ShrutiRasoi
    Mango Milkshake

    ReplyDelete
  10. these look absolutely amazing... :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love pomegranate! The juice must be very tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Delicious and refreshing juice Hema :-)

    ReplyDelete