Need To Have
- Cauliflower - 1 medium size
- Fresh Or Frozen Peas - half-a-cup
- Tomato Puree - 5 tablespoons
- Panch Phoran - 2 teaspoons
- Almond Slices - 1 tablespoon
- Yellow Mustard Seeds - 11/2 - 2 teaspoons
- Poppy Seeds - 2 teaspoons (white)
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Chilli Powder - 1 teaspoon, more or less to suit your taste
- Coriander Powder - 1 teaspoon
Grind mustard seeds, poppy seeds, almonds, tomato puree, turmeric powder, chilli powder and coriander powder into a fine paste. Cut the cauliflower into big florets.
Heat oil, add the panch phoran, let it sputter, then add the cauliflower and peas and salt. Mix well, cover and cook till the cauliflower is half-cooked. Now, add the paste, stir well, add water, cook for five mins or more till the vegetable is cooked completely. Check for salt, remove and serve with rotis.
Panch phoran - mix equal amount of mustard seeds, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, onion seeds or nigella or kalonji and fenugreek seeds.
Cook the cauliflower till done but not mushy.
When I cooked again for updating the pictures, I used 3 tomatoes, I had used a bigger cauliflower.