Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Eggless Banana Pancakes


          Last week I bought some bananas, the three of us ate some but then, as usual, there was some left which was overripe. Most of the time, this ends up in the garbage, but this time I had so many left and I had to do something with it. Initially I thought of making some appams, but then after eating so much sweets for Diwali, didn't feel like doing it and then decided on making these pancakes. I tried to make it as healthy as possible, used whole wheat flour and replaced eggs with yogurt and used oil instead of butter. The pancakes came out very good, but the best part is, I served them, slathered with some chunky peanut butter, the slight salty taste from the peanut butter took the pancakes to another level..

Need To Have

  • Whole Wheat Flour - 1 cup
  • Yogurt/ Curd - 1/2 cup
  • Milk - 3/4 cup
  • Mashed Banana - 1/2 cup
  • Water - 1/4 cup
  • Brown Sugar - 2 tablespoons
  • Baking Powder - 1 teaspoon
  • Baking Soda - 1/2 teaspoon
  • Vanilla Extract - 1 teaspoon
  • Pinch of salt

Method


          Take the flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda and salt in a bowl. To this, add the mashed bananas, yogurt, vanilla extract and mix it well.


          Now add the milk and water, little by little and mix it to make a thick batter.


          Heat a small pan, grease with some oil, keep the heat on low medium, add the batter, it'll spread by itself. Cover and cook, till you see the top has settled down well and is not wet and wobbly and is easy to flip over. Flip it and cook the other side till you get light brown spots. Remove and while it's still warm, apply some peanut butter and enjoy.


Note
Only after I started, I noted that I had only multigrain flour (wheat+oats+maize+soy+chana), but still I made the pancakes. They turned out very dense, so I added the baking soda, this made the pancakes lighter.
If you use all purpose flour or regular wheat flour, try without adding the baking soda.
If you don't like peanut butter, then serve it with some honey or maple syrup.
You can use some cinnamon powder in the batter, but I left that out, since I didn't know how well cinnamon flavor would go with peanut butter.
I got 8 pancakes from the above quantity.
Pin It

12 comments:

  1. Pancakes looks delicious.. I mostly make muffins with overripe bananas.In fact today am planning to post a banana muffin recipe too.. ;) Next time will try these pancakes..

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks sooo tempting n delicious pancakes....wonderful clicks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very yummy attractive breakfast there Hema..Why don't you invite me ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow such an irresistible pancake to taste...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks so delicious. Very yummy with wheat flour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowww... looks super delicious.. Yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hema could you please send me some? These pancakes look just perfect! Love the combo bananas with peanut butter :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this egg less version,delicious pancakes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Delicious; I always have some bananas at home; should try making pancakes with them...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved this version. will give a try ..

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just adore pancakes - and this recipe looks really interesting. Yum!

    ReplyDelete