Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Cheddar Cheese Pancakes


          Being in Bangalore has many advantages, at least in the food blogger's point of view, because of the big expat crowd here, it's easy to find and buy cooking ingredients used in other cuisines. On one of my visits to a mall here, I bought this very good quality Cheddar Cheese. Usually I don't buy Cheddar cheese, that day after tasting a bit of the cheese, I ended up buying, not 1 pack but 2 packs of it, it was so good. I have used the cheese in a couple of dishes, one of them being these Cheddar Cheese Pancakes. I had added some scallions for flavor, and the pancakes came out so good and they tasted very good along with some spicy tomato sauce..

Need To Have

  • Whole Wheat Flour - 1 cup
  • Milk - 1 cup
  • Baking soda - 1 teaspoon
  • Grated Cheddar - 1/2 cup + more to add on top of the pancakes
  • Scallions/Vengaya Thaal/Spring Onions - the green part, 1/2 cup
  • Salt to taste

Method


          Take the flour, baking soda and salt, add the milk and about 1/2 cup water and mix it well. Add the cheese and the chopped spring onions and mix it.


          Heat a pan, drizzle some oil, add a small laddle of batter, sprinkle some cheese on the top, reduce the heat, cover and cook. When the top looks cooked and set, flip and cook the other side for a few seconds and remove. Serve it with some spicy tomato sauce.


Note
Add salt carefully, the cheese has salt in it.
Cook on low heat, otherwise the bottom will brown fast, the top would not have set and it would be difficult to flip the pancake.
Pin It

9 comments:

  1. This recipe sounds interesting. Looks so beautiful and YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely color Hema.. Perfect for cheese lovers

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cheddar cheese...pancake looks so good

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting recipe.. Will try it for sure. And I totally agree about Bangalore. I love shopping at Gourmet Westside and Foodhall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful looking cheese pancakes, Hema. Awesomely delicious and Very Beautifully Presented. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheesy pancakes,looks absolutely yummy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like savoury pancakes and I like cheese. Should try these.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is a cool idea to use up the leftover cheddar which is always lying there in my fridge begging me to be used up. Love the colours

    ReplyDelete