Monday, July 28, 2014

Karpuravalli ( Doddapatre ) Moru, Ajwain Leaves Buttermilk


          After I tried and tasted the Thayir Pachadi/ Raitha/ Tambuli with Ajwain Leaves/ Karpuravalli, I wanted to try out something else with it. Since these leaves tasted very good with yogurt, I wanted to try a moru/ buttermilk with it. The buttermilk tasted really good, just like the  ' masala moru ', but using just two ingredients apart from the buttermilk. I used the raw leaves, no sauteing or boiling, so no nutrients lost in the process, next time you make ' moru ' do try this out, you'll definitely love it..

Need To Have

  • Karpuravalli Leaves/ Ajwain Leaves - 4 to 5
  • Cumin Seeds/ Jeera - 1/4 teaspoon
  • Curd/ Yogurt - 1/2 cup
  • Salt to taste

Method


          Grind together the ajwain leaves and cumin seeds along with a little curd. To this, add the remaining curd and 1/2 cup water and salt and blend well. Remove and serve it chilled.


Note
I used chilled yogurt, so I served it right after blending and didn't add any ice cubes.
Used medium sized leaves.
Pin It

12 comments:

  1. Refreshing . since ajwain has strong flavor , I never use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color ....... Looks refreshing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting recipe.. Refreshing moru..

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one sound very interesting...and looks refreshing

    ReplyDelete
  5. would love to have a glass of this drink.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never used ajwain leaves this way..looks flavorful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a refreshing drink :) looks amazing Hema

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks refreshing! Hema, I will try this out soon. I have these growing in my balcony garden. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Going to try this out Hema ! Your website is most useful !

    ReplyDelete