Everytime, I made raitha/thayir pachadi, it was mostly cucumber or onion or tomato raitha or a combination of all these vegetables together. I have even made raitha with zucchini and pumpkin, but this is the first time I made this raitha with potatoes. Once the potatoes are boiled and peeled, the raitha can be put together in no time and can be served as a side to parathas, rotis, briyanis or pilafs..
Need To Have
- Boiled, Peeled And Diced Potatoes - 1 cup
- Yogurt/Curd - 1 cup
- Grated Ginger - 1 teaspoon
- Chopped Coriander - 1 tablespoon
- Green Chilly - 1, chopped finely
- Roasted Cumin Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Red Chilly Powder, Roasted Cumin Powder and Chopped Coriander to Garnish
Take the potatoes, ginger, green chilly and coriander, add the yogurt/curd, roasted cumin powder and salt and mix everything together. Garnish with red chilly powder, roasted cumin powder and chopped coriander and serve.
The raitha can be served chilled or at room temperature.